Translating the Complexities of the Spanish Language
In today’s world, a Spanish translation service that understands your market and your message is essential for effective communication. CQ fluency provides fast and accurate language translation that speaks directly to your audience. At CQ fluency, we go beyond literal language translation utilizing our in-depth understanding of the Spanish culture and the Spanish language to accurately convey your message down to the slightest nuance.
Why Spanish Is Often Translated “Incorrectly”
In our experience, many new clients tell us they have been frustrated by past Spanish translations. They have received translated documents, only to be told by native Spanish speakers that the translations are not correct. What they didn’t realize is that this is only half true. It comes from a lack of full understanding of the complexity of the Spanish language.
Although Spanish may be a common language on the surface, the nuances are much more complicated. There are 21 countries that speak Spanish, and each have unique differences and cultural implications. Translating English to Spanish for an audience from Spain is much different than translating English to a Spanish dialect spoken by those from Mexico. It is important to understand not just the technical language, but the culture it comes from to communicate properly. In the United States, the dialect of Spanish spoken usually differs by region, typically affected by the countries of origin of those that most often migrate to those regions. For example, a heavily Cuban influence in Florida may necessitate a different translation than for Los Angeles, where there is a stronger Mexican influence.
As a result, there is no specific “Spanish” translation in the United States. How something is translated depends heavily on the culture and location. This requires a specific knowledge of audience and culture.
The concept of these differences is not far removed from the differences between the English spoken in the United States and England. Common examples include an “elevator” in the U.S. being called a “lift” in England, and a “flat” in England being called an “apartment” in the United States. While the languages are nearly the same, they are not exactly the same, and those differences are critical in translation services.
In Spanish, there are similar examples. For instance, several foods are different depending on the region of origin:
- Argentina, Bolivia, Chile – “frutilla”
- Colombia, Cuba, Mexico – “fresa”
- Argentina, Paraguay, Spain – “banana”
- Chile, Cuba, Mexico – “plátano”
- Argentina, Chile, Colombia – maní
- Honduras, Mexico, Spain – cacahuate
One of the key differentiators for CQ fluency is that we understand these cultural differences and are able to translate both language and local linguistic variations and concepts. We are experts in both language and culture, ensuring an accurate Spanish translation every time. This means more effective communication, resulting in improved healthcare and ultimately savings for the providers with greater consumer compliance to policy and/or guidelines.
About CQ fluency
CQ fluency is a communications company that is passionate for culture, diversity and people. We are cultural and linguistic experts in the healthcare industry, helping clients communicate wellness to a diverse multicultural market. Our services are marked by:
- Our translation management process, certified to ISO 9001 and 17100 standards which guarantees the highest standards of translation accuracy and quality
- Our ability to guide you in the process of achieving Section 508 compliance
- Our competitive pricing and quick turnarounds to ensure deadlines are met
- Our expert translation services for Spanish and over 150 other languages
- Translators that are hand picked and regularly evaluated to ensure superior quality Spanish Language Translation each and every time
Our services span from document translation, to phone interpretation, to linguistic validation and include:
- Document translation: From medical records to product packaging, our document translation and DTP teams can help you translate and publish in over 100 languages.
- 508 Compliance: Specific translation services to ensure that healthcare information is accessible to users of all languages (Read more about 508 Compliance here)
- Website Localization: Whether you are starting afresh or updating legacy websites, our website localization teams ensure online success whatever the language.
- Phone Interpretation: When serving customers and clients over the phone, language barriers may sometimes prove daunting. CQ fluency offers professional phone interpretation services that remove that barrier.
- Transcreation: Transcreation is the art of mixing translation with creation to convey concepts from one language to another. CQ fluency works with teams of linguists to apply transcreation to advertising materials reaching a multicultural or international audience.
- Linguistic Validation: CQ fluency’s linguistic validation processes are based on self-correcting iterations that deliver psychometric equivalence, keeping in accordance with new FDA and EMEA guidelines for Patient Reported Outcomes and clinical trials.
For a comprehensive list of our services and more detailed descriptions of our service offerings, please visit our services page.
At CQ fluency, we can provide translation services across industries, but specialize in areas throughout the healthcare industry including:
- Health Insurance: Engage your Spanish speaking members in their own language, with their own cultural reference points. CQ fluency’s Spanish Translation Service paired with our Cultural Adaptation Service will lead you to a clear and meaningful connection with members.
- Pharmaceutical: Spanish Language Translation through CQ fluency guarantees that your pharmaceutical communication is understandable, informative, medically accurate, and compliant to regulatory requirements.
- Medical Devices: Partnering with CQ fluency gives you access to over 1,500 highly qualified medical translators and editors who will help you navigate the highly complex process of bringing a medical device to market.
- Government: Government agencies can use CQ fluency’s Spanish Translation Service to improve the lives of primary Spanish speakers by ensuring that government healthcare communications promoting wellness, disease awareness, and social behavior modification are clear and concise.
- Marketing & Advertising: Bring your brand to Spanish speaking communities in any location.
For more information on CQ fluency’s unique approach to Spanish Language Translation or to ask any questions please fill out our contact form at the top of the page.
If you would like a quote, please see our quote request page.